mapping a printer model with an Appropriate ppd file

svalbard svalbard_colaco at persistent.co.in
Tue Nov 27 08:15:41 PST 2007

Hi all,

I am currently working on building a GUI  to be interfaced with CUPS 1.3.4 package; In my GUI I have a list of printer manufacturers mapped
With various printer models ; and for a particular printer model selected I needed to know how to map that model with an Appropriate ppd file; as I am using lpadmin command to configure a printer and it has an option of specifying –m model.ppd  ;and  I needed this mapping of the model with the corresponding ppd file to be used in the lpadmin command ;else it takes it as a raw printer.

How do I handle the mapping?? and how to place this in the lpadmin command.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you’ll in advance.

Regards,
sc