Okidata ml490

Jim Oase jimoase at mac.com
Wed Nov 28 00:50:46 PST 2007

> I can't seem to get our Okidata ML490_USB to print from our MacBook. I installed the cups-1.2.11 cd installer for the Mac OS X.
>
> In the Web admin, I added the Okidata ML490 24pin printer driver. I set the options to 180dpi and letter size paper. When I try to print it acts like it is going to print, but never does. In the Web admin >> printers, it is printing page 1, 0% complete..." I tried deleting and adding the printer again. I looked at the logs, but I'm not seeing anything that sticks out. Any ideas to point me in the right direction?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mark

I am using a ML490 with iMac's and MacBook Pro using OS X 10.4.10,11 and 10.5,5.1 via USB.  I have, as yet, not been able use the server card via ether net.  Here is a heads up.  If USB or Parallel port is used to drive the printer the server card must be removed to get proper operation.

My other problem with the ML490 is form feeds are mis-registering by 0.060 inches when using 11 inch fan fold paper.  My cure for now is to define paper size in 10's of feet.

If you need more help jimoase at mac.com

Jim