getting the authenticated ipp username

Christoph Litauer litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Nov 28 07:37:39 PST 2007

Running cups-1.1.23 on a SuSE Linux 10.1 system.

Dear admins,

I am just trying to set up authenticated ipp printing using a cups
server. I configured cupsd.conf for one test printer (named test3 on
printhost) to force authentication. My windows client then uses
http://printhost/printers/test3 as printer URL, I am prompted for
username and password and printing works perfectly good. But ...

.... for accounting reasons my cups filters need the username the windows
client authenticated itself at printhost using test3. It seems that all
the filters still get the windows machines local username. E.g. I am
logged in as testuser but authenticated myself as litauer when
installing the printer. If I print a job, it is spooled for testuser not
for litauer.

Any solution for this problem? Thanks a lot in advance!

--
Regards
Christoph
Christoph Litauer                  litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Uni Koblenz, Computing Center,     http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~litauer
Postfach 201602, 56016 Koblenz     Fon: +49 261 287-1311, Fax: -100 1311
PGP-Fingerprint: F39C E314 2650 650D 8092 9514 3A56 FBD8 79E3 27B2