[cups.general] getting the authenticated ipp username

Christoph Litauer litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Fri Nov 30 05:21:45 PST 2007

Christoph Litauer schrieb:
> Michael R Sweet schrieb:
>>>>
>>> Hmm, thanks Michael. What's with the ipp-job-attributes? No chance to
>>> get the authenticated user there?
>> If the request is authenticated, the job-originating-user-name
>> attribute will contain the authenticated username, even if the
>> request contains a different requesting-user-name value.
>>

> Ok, thank you very much. I will check that out.

Well, I sent a job from a windows client, logged in as root. The ipp
printer (test3) has been authenticated as user litauer. The job is
spooled as user "remroot" (as exepected). Then I took the sample script
showJobs.pl out of the perl package Net-IPP
(http://search.cpan.org/src/BIGHIL/Net-IPP-0.1/sample/showJobs.pl). The
script reports:

# lpq -Ptest3
test3 is not ready
Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
1st     remroot 20360   test.txt - Notepad              19456 bytes

# ./showJobs.pl http://litauer:password@printhost:631/printers/test3
***NOT-COMPLETED Jobs for URI
http://litauer:password@printhost:631/printers/test3***

JOB 20360: "test.txt - Notepad" from remroot
state: JOBSTATE_PENDING
reason: printer-stopped

So maybe there's another ipp job attribute to lookup? Any further hints?

--
Regards
Christoph
Christoph Litauer                  litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Uni Koblenz, Computing Center,     http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~litauer
Postfach 201602, 56016 Koblenz     Fon: +49 261 287-1311, Fax: -100 1311
PGP-Fingerprint: F39C E314 2650 650D 8092 9514 3A56 FBD8 79E3 27B2