[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2586: printjobs remain unprocessed due to false information in printers.conf

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 17:47:17 PST 2007

I think the socket backend can fail or time out when there is contention for
extended periods. i.e. when more than one client tries to print directly to
a printer via the socket backend - this is related to the errorpolicy
configuration in cups 1.2 which you might want to play with.
In any case, besides beh (backend error handler),
I think it should be possible to a printer's status from the web interface,
or via the command line admin utility lpc , without restarting the whole of
cupsd. I am surprised that you choose the most awkward way of editing
printers.conf .