All print jobs 'stopped'

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 2 10:57:52 PDT 2007

cups-1.2.10-2.1mdv2007.1

I'm unsure whether this is a CUPS problem or an hplip problem.  My HP Photosmart C7150 was printing nicely from two boxes and a laptop, on socket://192.168.0.3:9100.  I installed hplip on this, my main workstation, and all was still well.

About 5 days ago this box lost the ability to print.  It may have been caused by an accidental update of hplip to 2.7.7.  I noticed around that time, too, that I had lost the printer driver 7150, with only 7100 being offered.  I have removed that version of hplip and returned to the original version, hplip-1.6.12-2mdv2007.1.  I've checked that all looks, as far as I can tell, the same as on the laptop which still prints.  I have the correct printer driver back, as well.  Unfortunately, even after a complete restart, I still see every job reported by localhost:631/jobs as 'stopped'.

Is it possible that something in the CUPS setup has been damaged?
If I catch it on the kde print manager I can see 'error' reported there.  Does that give any clue to the location of the problem?

Anne