Negotiate vs Basic Auth

Daniel Henninger daniel at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 4 12:20:32 PDT 2007

Hi Michael!  Let me bounce a proof of concept idea off of you.  Lets go with the idea here that I need both basic auth and kerberos support.  Now I know I can't get both from the same URI.  However, what if I could reference the same printer via a different URI.  Just an ugly example but:
http://mycupsserver.org:631/printersviabasicauth/printername

Can you think of a way that that would work "right now out of the box"?  (some other uri that points to the very same queue, just uses different authentication as per my cupsd.conf)

Thanks!!

Daniel