Print Jobs Stopping Part Way Then Restarting

Mark Gemmill mark.gemmill at sunopta.com
Sat Oct 6 12:12:58 PDT 2007

I am completely new to working with CUPS. Our company has RedHat Linux server using CUPS and we have run into a peculiar problem: Print jobs are running and printing x of y pages (not everything) and then restarting and reprinting from the beginning z of y pages (i.e. the number of pages varies).  My assumption is that the communication stream from CUPS to the printer is getting interrupted or cut off and as a result CUPS just restarts sending the job from the beginning (i.e. it restarts unless it gets a message back from the printer to indicate all info has been received).  Has anyone run into a similar problem? Where is the best place to start trouble shooting this?