[cups.general] Trouble printing text...

Mario Flores marioadmin at cox.net
Tue Oct 9 18:12:51 PDT 2007

I have an HP PSC 1600 connected to a linux server using CUPS and the HP drivers (on Debian etch). The test page was just fine, I can print from windows and Mac clients as well. The problem happens when I print text:

- From windows and from the linux server itself: some lines are cut off (only the lower portion of the letters are printed).

- From the Mac: lines are printed fine, but all the empty lines (such as the ones to separate paragraphs) are gone.

I noticed that print jobs from sources like powerpoint or browsers with graphics and text do not have this problem.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Mario.