HL-1440 problems

tj 999alfred at comcast.net
Fri Oct 12 08:35:52 PDT 2007

I have spent a lot of time TRYING to get my Brother HL-1440 printer to print correctly on the page. It prints to high. The driver is NOT obeying  the ppd file. It is not taking into account the "unprintable" areas of the print and moving printing DOWN that distance.

I tries editing the ppd file changing
*ImageableArea Letter/US Letter: "0 0 612 792"
*ImageableArea Letter/Letter:   "18 12 594 780"

and the printing does move down or right AT ALL. It is almost as if the driver is ignoring the ppd file.

tj