[cups.general] Probably stupid questions, but I'm confused

Gerald Britton gerald.britton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:23:34 PDT 2007

Thanks, Kurt, I'll play with both ipp and socket and see if there's
much difference.  About the Tray 1 option:

The first section in the Set Printer Options screen is "Options
installed" which has radio buttons for "Tray  1:"  I set it to
"Installed" since my printer has one.

Down in the General section, there's another prompt:

    Tray 1 (Manual):

with "True" and "False" radio buttons.   Does this have the same
meaning as the similar prompt in the "Options installed" section or
does it have another purpose?

FYI the ppd I'm using is the HP LaserJet 9040 MFP postscript driver