[cups.general] Probably stupid questions, but I'm confused

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Oct 16 11:18:31 PDT 2007

Gerald Britton wrote:

> Thanks Kurt!  I've got the behaviour I need working.  Now I just want
> to know the difference in the meaning of the two Tray 1 prompts.  Any
> thoughts on that?

Re-read my previous mails. I've said everything I "know" about this
already.

The secret lays in finding and reading the fine printer manual. It
should tell you what it is about.

You may be able to find it here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=403110

Also, your HP does support a lot of settings from its front panel menus,
and I'm sure you as a smart *buntu user will figure out how to fiddle
with them...   :->>

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS