[cups.general] Probably stupid questions, but I'm confused

Gerald Britton gerald.britton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:34:55 PDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle at gmx.net> wrote:
> Gerald Britton wrote:
>
> > Thanks Kurt!  I've got the behaviour I need working.  Now I just want
> > to know the difference in the meaning of the two Tray 1 prompts.  Any
> > thoughts on that?
>
> Re-read my previous mails. I've said everything I "know" about this
> already.

Yeah, me too!

> The secret lays in finding and reading the fine printer manual. It
> should tell you what it is about.

Really?  I hadn't considered that the HP manual would tell me how the
cups options screens work.

> You may be able to find it here:
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=403110

Went through that stuff,  nothing on linux or cups there except a
general link to linux at hp with nothing specific in it.  Oh well!

> Also, your HP does support a lot of settings from its front panel menus,
> and I'm sure you as a smart *buntu user will figure out how to fiddle
> with them...   :->>

Smart?  I don't feel so smart.  But I'll fiddle away with it, for sure.