Printing hangs, leaving lots of stuck processes

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Oct 17 04:53:17 PDT 2007

Markus Laker wrote:

> Hello.  I'm at my father's place for a few hours, trying to sort
> out a printing problem for him.  He's using an HP PhotoSmart C3180
> on 64-bit Ubuntu 6.10, with HPLIP 1.6.9 and CUPS 1.2.4.

You're better off asking for support in one of the *buntu forums.

In the past, *buntu packages have gained a rather bad reputation
amongst the activsts of this forum, because the patched the soul
out of CUPS with their supposed security fixes (which often b0rke
functionality and reliabilty).

Please don't expect anyone here debugging what a CUPS 1.2.4 on *buntu
messes up.

Please go to a *buntu forum for this. Really.

I'm sorry for your father's printing problems, and hope you find a fix
for him soon.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS