HL-1440 problems

tj 999alfred at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 13:39:22 PDT 2007

With this entry in /etc/cups/ppd/1440.ppd:
*ImageableArea Letter/Letter:   "0 0 612 780"
lp -d 1440 /usr/share/cups/data/testprint.ps
Says

Imageable Area
Page Size 8.35x10.65in
          212.1x270.5mm

Lower Left: 0.05x0.2in
            1.3x5.1mm

Upper Right: 8.4x10.85in
             213.4x275.6mm

Changing the /etc/cups/ppd/1440.ppd to
*ImageableArea Letter/Letter:   "18 12 594 780"
lp -d 1440 /usr/share/cups/data/testprint.ps
Says

Imageable Area
Page Size 8.35x10.65in
          212.1x270.5mm

Lower Left: 0.05x0.2in
            1.3x5.1mm

Upper Right: 8.4x10.85in
             213.4x275.6mm

They are exactly the same. Changing the ImageableArea line HAD NO EFFECT.

So, can anybody explain to me what is going on and how to fix it?

tj