[cups.general] problems printing text...

Mario Flores marioadmin at cox.net
Wed Oct 17 17:52:07 PDT 2007

Hi,

I recently installed the hp pkg to my etch system to print to my USB printer
HP PSC 1600. I also have an imac and a windows client printing here.

The hp test page from linux prints well. But when I print text either from the linux box or from the windows pc, some lines are printed with the lower half only.

When I print text from the iMac, the problem is a little different: All the empty lines are gone.

To print from the windows pc, I downloaded the postcript driver from adobe.

to print from the iMac, I installed the hpijs-2.7.6 package and the required foomatic-rip and ghostscript for mac os x packages (per instructions in the www.linux-foundation.org).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mario.