[cups.general] strange offset

Stephan stephan at lukits.de
Thu Oct 25 22:25:16 PDT 2007

Johannes Meixner schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> On Oct 19 09:55 Stephan wrote (shortened):
>> after installation of Open SuSE 10.2 (formated partition)
>> I can't proper print anymore in landscape DIN A6.  There
>> is always an offset from left and top of about 20mm.
>> I haven't had that problem with SuSE 9.1 and the same
>> printer.
>
> Which printer?

Sorry, its Kyocera Ecosys FS-1020D

> Which driver (i.e. what is the NickName entry in the
> PPD file /etc/cups/ppd/a6-kartei)?

*NickName: "Kyocera Mita FS-1020D"

> If you remember:
> Do you now use the same driver as you used with Suse Linux 9.1?

I'm sure it had a FS-1020D in its name, I'm not sure if it had the
"Mita" in its name.

>> stephan at venus:~> lpr -P a6-kartei -o page-ranges=1
>>                       stud/kartei/graphen.pdf
>
> Does it happen only with this one file "graphen.pdf"?
> Does it happen only with "-o page-ranges=1"?

No.  I tried now three other files with the page-ranges option
left out. Same thing.  after three cards I quit the job manually,
I don't think it would change its behavior with the forth card.

> Or does it also happen when you print for example plain text
> with a border line so that you can see where the printed
> area is, for example
> echo "Hello" | lp -d a6-kartei -o page-border=single

Odd.  The border line is exactly where it should be (the
Hello is written into the borderline).

> Does the CUPS test page print correctly?

Yes, it does

> Is the printed "Imageable Area" information on the CUPS test page
> as you expect it?

Yes.

Kind Regards and thanks for trying helping me
Stephan Lukits