Print difference between mac and pc

Cristian Virgili cvirgili at dimi.uniud.it
Fri Oct 26 05:43:53 PDT 2007

Hello to all!
 I installed cups[+pykota] + samba (for authentication).
When users print by mac os x the system works perfectly, but I have a lot of problems when a print from windows!

1. lot of "stack offending".
I have a lot of stack offendin when I print PDF from windows, but the same PDF are correclty printed from mac.

2. drivers form XP64 bit
I follow the instructions for adding driver for wind 64bit. cupsaddsmb add correclty the printers/driver, the OS reconize the printers, but when I select the printer the system cannot intall it becouse of driver error.

3. page counter
If i print 4 page in 1 page by mac os x the system count correctly only 1 page, but i print with same configuration from a windows the system count 4 pages.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much!
Cristian