epson DX4850

Osman Kemal Kadiroglu okkadiroglu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:15:02 PDT 2007

Hi,

I was using Epsom Stylus DX4850 scanner/printer under kubuntu6.10 with no problem. I upgraded kubuntu to 7.10 and now I can not use the printer. I redefined it by using "Find New Printers" option. Installation went OK. This is what I have for the printer information:
Location: Local Printer
Printer Driver: Epson Stylus DX4800 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.1 Simplified
Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
Device URI: epson:/dev/usb/lp0

When I try to print test page I get:
"Gutenprint Printing page 1, 8%"

and even if I wait for ages nothing happens the printer green on light bliks.

I checked the connections:

oyo at oyo-kubuntu:~$ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 04b8:0819 Seiko Epson Corp.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Also the scanner works with no problem.