PPD custom options

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Sat Oct 27 08:21:30 PDT 2007

Hello Kurt,
> Franz Pfoertsch wrote:
> > Hello
> >

> > + *JCLMailbox 0: "@PJL COMMENT CANPJL SET DEVICE=MAILBOX<0A>@PJL
> Not sure if the "COMMENT" keyword above is correct (because usually
> that means the PJL interpreter would handle the whole line as a
> comment only -- cupsaddsmb may do the same and thererfore not trans-
> late it into a *cupsJobTicket syntax.
I took this line from  PDL-Cookbook-Usermanual_1.00.pdf
@PJL COMMENT CANPJL MAILBOXNUMBER

I looked on the ppd on the samba print$-share, but there is nothing changed at the JCLMailbox lines ...

Please have a look at http://www.pfoertsch.net/wiki/uploads/Main/CNRC288U1.PPD.gz
> (b) cupsaddsmb converts these PJL lines into "*cupsJobTicket" lines
>     for the PPD Samba is offering to Windows clients.
This did not happen !?
> (c) once a job arrived from the Windows client, all cupsJobTicket
>     lines are re-converted into PJL header lines by CUPS.
Look at this, it is from /var/spool/cups
http://www.pfoertsch.net/wiki/uploads/Main/d00293-001.spool.gz
> (d) pstops should leave untouch all PJL header lines it sees, and
>     just pass them down the line towards the device (which is the
>     only instance in the whole process chain that knows how to correctly
>     interpret their contents).
Here is the output to the printer (devcie: file)
http://www.pfoertsch.net/wiki/uploads/Main/d00293-001.prn.gz

> Did you add *OrderDependency lines with the right values to _all_ your
> "*OpenUI ... *CloseUI" sections describing the PJL lines?
Please explain OrderDependency, I only used the example from the website

> Otherwise, you may have triggered a bug in CUPS and/or cupsaddsmb.
>
> --
> Kurt Pfeifle
> System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS
> Infotec Deutschland GmbH  .....................  Hedelfinger Strasse 58
> A RICOH Company  ...........................  D-70327 Stuttgart/Germany

a lot of regards from coburg
Franz