Self Flood on 127.0.0.1:631

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Mon Oct 29 04:44:33 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have a problem on a server with about 100 printers connected using raw queues.

Most clients (about 500) are printing directly through ipp.

Some (very low) via samba PDC on the same server.

Cups version is 1.2.4 (CentOS 5).

My problem is that since my upgrade from cups 1.1.22, I see a lot of access from localhost in access_log and error_log often show that Max Clients is reached.

Load increase on server, cups uses 100% of cpu.

I Put a ulimit and a maxclients of 5000 and cups always reached this limit!

With netstat, I see that 99% of connexions when reaching this limit are from localhost to localhost in TIME_WAIT state (for example, 30 ESTABLISHED and 1560 TIME_WAIT).

Any hint to explain this problem would be nice ;)