How can I disable LPR byte count

lennard mooij lpamooij at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 11:29:23 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I have searched and searched but haven't found. I'm having trouble using my printer that is connected to the print server on my router.
When I send a job to the printer, it doesn't do anything, although the status light changes to orange which would indicate 'busy' status. Now when I click 'Cancel all jobs' in cups (localhost:631), the job starts printing, as if the printer was waiting for something.

In windows the same happened, and I solved this problem by disabling lpr byte count in the tcp/ip printer port.

my printer address is: lpd://145.xxx.xxx.xxx/lp0

My best bet is that it will work if lpr byte counting is disabled. However, I have no clue whether it is enabled in the first place / or if it is an option that can be set.

does anyone have an answer?
thanks in advance,

Lennard