How can I disable LPR byte count

Lennard Mooij lpamooij at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 02:26:14 PDT 2007

Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> You can tweak all lpd://-type backends and device URIs by appending addi-
> tional parameters. See here for details:
>
> http://localhost:631/help/network.html?TOPIC=Getting+Started&QUERY=#LPD
>
> Maybe appending
>
>     "?order=data,control&reserve=rfc1179"
>
> (without the quotes) to your currently used URI will help?

Thanks for your reply,

It still will only print once I cancel the job. Only thing I can imagine
is that the printer is waiting for some 'this is the end of the job'
command or something. I've also tried setting the option reserve=none,
but again, nothing changes. Hmm, why is it so easy in windows and so
difficult now ;)

Hope someone has the answer (the Brother support guys have been silent
for a while now)
regards,
Lennard