[cups.general] multiple usb printers, same device uri

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Oct 31 04:54:25 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Oct 30 20:01 Michael Sweet wrote (shortened):
> Alex Chejlyk wrote:
> > BTW, we did have a usb print server but it died. USB print servers
> > are crap, I have yet to find a high quality unit. LPT print servers
> > are reliable, but their usb counterparts are finicky, lock ups, slow
> > speeds,  necessary weekly reboots, just trash.
>
> Yeah, I'm not sure what to recommend for USB print servers...

Perhaps for Epson USB printers it is best to buy an Epson
print-server box (if Epson provides such hardware) or even
better buy an Epson printer network card if Epson provides
it for your models.
This way any special USB stuff for Epson USB printers should
(hopefully) at least work with their own print-server box
or printer network card?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex