[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2544: The -p option of lpr does not work

Arthur David Olson arthur_david_olson at nih.gov
Wed Oct 3 07:52:22 PDT 2007

[STR New]

The -p option of the lpr command is supposed to be equivalent to
-oprettyprint, but it does nothing. This seems to be because of the use
of a "" argument in a CupsAddOption function call rather than a "true"
argument. A proposed change appears below (and, while we're in the
neighborhood, we'll make the same sort of change a couple of lines away).

        --ado

------- lpr.c -------
*** /tmp/geta2727	Wed Oct  3 09:10:53 2007
--- /tmp/getb2727	Wed Oct  3 09:10:53 2007
***************
*** 200,210 ****
  	    break;

  	case 'l' : /* Literal/raw */
!             num_options = cupsAddOption("raw", "", num_options,
&options);
  	    break;

  	case 'p' : /* Prettyprint */
!             num_options = cupsAddOption("prettyprint", "", num_options,
  	                                &options);
  	    break;

--- 200,210 ----
  	    break;

  	case 'l' : /* Literal/raw */
!             num_options = cupsAddOption("raw", "true", num_options,
&options);
  	    break;

  	case 'p' : /* Prettyprint */
!             num_options = cupsAddOption("prettyprint", "true",
num_options,
  	                                &options);
  	    break;

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2544