[CRIT] STR #2549: CUPS 1.3.3 compressed IPP fromserver causes 1.2.8 clients to segfault

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Sat Oct 6 12:10:54 PDT 2007

> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE LINK BELOW.
>
> [STR New]
>
> I was able to repair the second system by removing printers.conf; it still
> had the "doprint" file.
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2549
> Version: 1.3.3

'cupsdoprint' is not a part of CUPS. It is a part of KDEPrint, but a 'helper' application only. It is not meant to be directly used/invoked by the user, it is meant to be run by the kprinter GUI when sending a job to CUPS.

I dunno what you were actually doing with cupsdoprint, but I thought it may be helpful if I pointed that out anyway...