[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2579: Modifying "Basic Server Settings" options re-writes cupsd.conf without local changes

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 31 11:33:36 PDT 2007

Hi,

Michael Sweet [2007-10-31 10:57 -0700]:
> First, cupsd.conf isn't involved in the default printer. If Ubuntu is
> changing cupsd.conf to change the default printer, that's an Ubuntu bug.

No, of course we don't. This is also not what the original report
said. The problem was that the rewritten cupsd.conf dropped an ACL
line ("Cups then re-wrote cupsd.conf, removing the 10.0.0.0/8 line.")

> So, the current behavior is working as designed; file a bug with the
> Ubuntu folks, as their code is broken.

We do not have any intrusive patches or behaviour changes in Ubuntu
any more. We just need to adapt some default settings and file
location, i. e. packaging.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt         http://www.piware.de