How to start CUPS at bootup

antara scales antaras at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 3 10:02:36 PDT 2007

Thanks Michael for responding.
Here is what I did in terminal and it didn't work.(Print sharing was already checked.

antara-scales-power-mac-g4:~ antara$ sudo launchctl load -w

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
usage: launchctl load [-w] paths...
antara-scales-power-mac-g4:~ antara$ /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.cups.cupsd.plist
-bash: /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.cups.cupsd.plist: Permission denied
antara-scales-power-mac-g4:~ antara$

I have a suspicion! When I couldn't add printers, I downloaded Printer Setup Repair and added a new conf file. Later I attempted to enter a serial # for the app and the trial copy refused to work. I know there is a conf file from them in the conf list. Would this hinder what I am trying to do?

Antara