How to start CUPS at bootup

Matt Broughton walterwego at macosx.com.invalid
Mon Sep 3 18:02:37 PDT 2007

In article <30411-cups.general at news.easysw.com>,
 antara scales <antaras at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have a suspicion! When I couldn't add printers, I downloaded Printer Setup
> Repair and added a new conf file. Later I attempted to enter a serial # for
> the app and the trial copy refused to work. I know there is a conf file from
> them in the conf list. Would this hinder what I am trying to do?

> > antara scales wrote:
> > > After installing Mac OS 10.4.10 I couldn't add printers.

I would recommend that you go to Printer Setup Utility.  Under the
Printer Setup Utility menu, there is an option to Reset the Printing
System.  Please do so.  That will place a new copy of the cupsd.conf
file in place.

Next go to Disk Utiltiy (/Applications/Utilities) and Repair Permissions
on your hard drive.  Then use Printer Setup Repair to set the
`hostconfig` file so that it reads CUPS=-YES-.

If all that fails, I would suggest that you reapply the OS X 10.4.10
combo updater to re-update your system.  The combo updater has a proven
track record of causing few if any problems when updating as compared to
the delta update you get from Software Update.

Matt

--
Matt Broughton
Only relatives are absolute.