[SUGGESTION] switching trays in printjob

Philipp Morger morger at olmero.ch
Wed Sep 5 01:01:29 PDT 2007

Hallo Kurt

> I don't know how to achieve this from OpenOffice specifically... It's
> been a while that I looked at the printing options of OOo on Linux,
> and they may have improved their printing stuff. Or are you talking
> 'bout OOo on Windows?
I try on linux, but I assume it's the same on Windows...

> However, there is a way in CUPS to  set this up for *any* application
> that is able to send reasonable (read: DSC-compliant) PostScript to
> the printing system. See further below...
I stumbled over this some time ago, but it does not solve the issue, as users probably some time want to print a radom selected page from some slot... but thanks for pointer!

> You know, sometimes it is helpful to post "funny abbriated (?)
> messages"
> given back by some software alongside one's posts seeking for
> community
> support for said software...  :->>
Oh, that was "W2 UNGÜLT PERS" -> Invalid personality, somehow the printer does not like the PS CUPS throws at it...

> How exactly is your procedure that you use on Windows Winword? Which
> version of Windword? Which is the driver you installed on the
> Windows print client?
/me using Winword?! - goash, that would be the day... no my fellow users do ;)
It's O2K and OXP, you fire it up and define under Page Settings (or something like it) to print one page on tray 1 and then you make some kind of manual break to define that the second page appears on another tray - you are basicaly free to have a document with any number of pages and define for any page an individual tray.

The drivers are those from the HOW-TO's dor setting up samba with cups, but before I go into the pit of samba and printing I though it would be nice to do it without all that stuff and try it over OO+cups.

thanks & regards
Philipp