MacOSX and epson impact fx-890

Jean Pierre Jammet jpjammet at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 6 13:19:33 PDT 2007

Hello
I am having some trouble printing to a networked Epson FX=890.  The print comes out legible but though we are specifying 8.5x11 page size it's off by some fractions of an inch.  Because we're using 3part continious forms on pin feeds after a page or two everything is off and the page break is misplaced.

Using the CUPS Printer Manager (http://localhost:631/printers/) I see:
 Location: 10.10.0.141
 Make&Model: Epson 24-pin Series CUPS v1.2
 Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
 Device URI: socket://10.10.0.141

When I print a test page with TextEdit it comes out wrong.
When I print a test page with using a cups command line util or by clicking the "Print Test Page" on the CUPS mgr. then things are OK.

If anyone has similar problem, solution or can offer any pointers of things to try I would certainly appreciate it.

thanks,   JP