MacOSX and epson impact fx-890

Matt Broughton walterwego at macosx.com.invalid
Thu Sep 6 17:35:52 PDT 2007

In article <30439-cups.general at news.easysw.com>,
 Jean Pierre Jammet <jpjammet at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello
> I am having some trouble printing to a networked Epson FX=890.  The print
> comes out legible but though we are specifying 8.5x11 page size it's off by
> some fractions of an inch.  Because we're using 3part continious forms on pin
> feeds after a page or two everything is off and the page break is misplaced.
>
> Using the CUPS Printer Manager (http://localhost:631/printers/) I see:
>  Location: 10.10.0.141
>  Make&Model: Epson 24-pin Series CUPS v1.2
>  Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
>  Device URI: socket://10.10.0.141
>
> When I print a test page with TextEdit it comes out wrong.

Are you using Page Setup first to choose the Epson printer under "Format
for:" ?  Have you tried any other text applications such as TextWrangler
from <http://barebones.com> or SubEtha Edit from
<http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/>?

> When I print a test page with using a cups command line util or by clicking
> the "Print Test Page" on the CUPS mgr. then things are OK.

 I'm also thinking that TextEdit may impose some of its own margins.  If
you print a TextEdit text file via the command line, you may bypass any
such margins that TextEdit is using.

--
Matt Broughton
Only relatives are absolute.