[SUGGESTION] switching trays in printjob

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Sep 7 09:44:08 PDT 2007

Philipp Morger wrote:

> As far as I'm able to read PS, I can see that the actual PS file
> contains the tray switching instructions, the only thing that worries
> me is the control file, which says something about Tray3 and nothing
> about "Auto" or "and Tray4"
>
> I'm now about fideling with the RAW queue....

I forgot one tip, that may help you with your troubleshooting...

As I said in my first reply:

>> The print file you get from /var/spool/cups/d00NNN-001 is *always*
>> the original file as received by CUPS.

What you are interested in is how the file looks like *after* it has
passed the CUPS filtering chain (here: just the "pstops" filter).

See my other post on how to get hold of this file.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS