Problem with job names on remote ipp printer

Jakub j.boguslawski at post.pl
Sat Sep 8 14:24:44 PDT 2007

> Jakub wrote:
>
> > I am using openSuse 10.2 with Cups 1.27. I have Develop INEO+ 250
> > printer.
>
> Nice little thing, that  :-)
>
> > I have add this printer to local Cups server as remote ipp
> > queue. Printer driver was installed from PPD file. Cups works great I
> > am printing booklets with correctly filtered options. I have one
> > problem. Cups stores job names correctly, but these names are lost
> > when they are stored on printer. Every job which is coming from cups
> > appears on remote queue as "Unknown". I haven't got this problem when
> > I am printing from windows, unfortunately :( What am I doing wrong?
> > Is it a Cups bug or it possible to add some conf options to forward
> > job names correctly.
>
> What happens if you print from the commandline using the "-t", resp.
> the "-T" parameter?
>
>    lp -d ineo -t "This is the job title" /path/to/file
>    lpr -P ineo -T "This is the job title" /path/to/file
>
> --
> Kurt Pfeifle
> System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS
> Infotec Deutschland GmbH  .....................  Hedelfinger Strasse 58
> A RICOH Company  ...........................  D-70327 Stuttgart/Germany

I am printing with exactly the same command. Maybe it is the bug in printer firmware but why jobs printed from windows have correct names. It is big problem form me. I am printing results of some analysis with id in file name. I am executing scripts from java, I haven't got information if the result was printed correctly I can only say that the job was delivered to printer. I would be able to solve the problem if I would have correct job names in printers log.

Thanks, best regards
Jakub Bogusławski