Cannot access CUPS

Nick Weaver nick at weaverfsg.co.uk
Sun Sep 9 11:41:03 PDT 2007

I've just had to completly wipe my Freecom Storage Gateway 3.

I had a few problems with the latest firmware, so I recovered the device from a HDD format with the mist stable firmware. I installed CUPS via IPKG using SSH, but whenever I try to access the server to start CUPS up (192.168.1.1:631) I get the following message from IE7

The webpage cannot be displayed

   Most likely cause:
Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

   What you can try:
     Search online for a program you can use to view this web content.

     Retype the address.

I've tired this on another machine on the network and it doesn't work either....

I had it working fine before by installing it via IPKG. Can anyone help?

Here is the system info

Linux version 2.4.27-uc1 (root at lindev) (gcc version 3.3.2) #1767 Mo Jan 29 09:46:42 CET 2007
Processor	: XScale-IXP4xx/IXC11xx rev 1 (v5b)
BogoMIPS	: 266.24
Features	: swp half thumb fastmult edsp

Hardware	: Intel IXP425 Freecom Platform
Revision	: 0000
Serial  	: 0000000000000000