remove obselete printer from trashed server

Richard ginestre at omnilog.com
Sun Sep 9 15:38:41 PDT 2007

On my network,a PC has been trashed. But it governed a printer, which continues to be listed on all the other PCs even though I've edited it out of the /etc/cups/printer.conf file on them all. On some lpstat -a will list the defunct printer, on others it doesn't. But the CUPS browser interface on all gives me the dead printer, and any attempt to operate on it through the browser provokes a 403 Forbidden error.

How can I get rid of the darn thing logically, now its not physically here?