[cups.general] Problem with talking to a windows server

Steve Stamford sps at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Sep 10 09:44:11 PDT 2007

Hi,

I wonder if anyone out there can help me with a niggling problem.

What I would like to do is point a Debian cups client at a windows print
server. I think I should be able to do this via IPP?

So I change the BrowsePoll line in cupsd.conf on my linux machine to
point to windows server:80 (windows uses 80 rather than 631!!!) but I
get CUPS-Get-Printers failed: Unknown in the error log and no printers

We are using:

ii  cupsys                           1.2.7-4
Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server

ii  cupsys-bsd                       1.2.7-4
Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD commands

ii  cupsys-client                    1.2.7-4
Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client programs (SysV)

ii  cupsys-common                    1.2.7-4
Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - common files

Is there a problem with the config or am I doing something that can't be
done? Is this a bug at this version?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Steve