Can no longer print with a USB URI

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 12:00:18 PDT 2007

Exactly the same case here with an Epson RX-500 (multifunction), which was running smoothly just some days ago.

My data:
  · Sabayon Linux 3.3 (Gentoo) almost daily world-updated
  · CUPS 1.2.10-r10 (lastest stable release, but the problem arised first with 1.2.12, which I downgraded just for testing)
  · Gimp-print (Gutenprint) 4.2.7

After manually changing the URI to "file://dev/usb/lp0" in /etc/cups/printers.conf it's working fine again.

Best regards,
  Eduard Huguet