Zebra ZPL Peel-off

Jörg Schömer joerg-schoemer at web.de
Tue Sep 11 06:40:57 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I want to add the peel-off print mode to the zebra.ppd

within the Zebra ZPL II manual I found the values for the ^MM command
as follows:
^MMa,b
a = desired mode
    T = Tear-off
    P = Peel-off
    R = Rewind
    A = Applicator
    C = Cutter
    D = Delayed Cut
default T
b = prepeel select
    N = no
    Y = yes

when sending a ~HS to the printer the possible values for the print mode are:
 0: Rewind
 1: Peel-off
 2: Tear-off
 3: Cutter
 4: Applicator

So I tried to change the CutMedia as follows:

---- snipp ----
*OpenUI *CutMedia/Print Mode: PickOne
*OrderDependency: 10 AnySetup *Cut
*DefaultPrintMode: peel
*CutMedia rewind/Rewind: "<</CutMedia 0>>setpagedevice"
*CutMedia peel/Peel off: "<</CutMedia 1>>setpagedevice"
*CutMedia tear/Tear off: "<</CutMedia 2>>setpagedevice"
*CutMedia cutter/Cutter: "<</CutMedia 3>>setpagedevice"
*CutMedia delayed/Delayed cut: "<</CutMedia 4>>setpagedevice"
*CloseUI: *CutMedia
---- snipp ----

But I'd no success.

Can someone give me a hint to solve it.