Lexmark X2550

Edgar Klüsener edgar at muzikquest.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 15:00:17 PDT 2007

This may be a very stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. Lexmark is not known to be the most Linux-friendly printer manufacturer. But they seem to support MacOSX - and therefore probably CUPS- fairly well. Which makes me wonder: Could there be a chance that one can actually use Lexmark's MacOSX printer drivers in a Linux (CUPS)- environment? After all, MacOSX is just another *NIX. Or is it? The next question would then be: How could one make a MacOSX-driver work in a let's say Opensuse 10.2 environment?