Child exited signal 11

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Sep 12 14:47:57 PDT 2007

Patrick Vanguardia wrote:

> My cups server cannot be restarted and checking log with Loglevel
> debug2 doesnt seem to help, viewing my server logs shows (cupsd),
> uid 0; child exited signal 11 anyone know how can i fixed this? also
> running cupsd -f giving me (Sergmentation fault) anyone know how can
> i fix it?

A first small step is to include at least your version of CUPS, your
OS, who built your packages how ("I built myself from sources").

Next, the cupsd.config sometimes gives a hint (it may be misconfigured).

Then, a log extract that is longer than 1 line (but we don't want 1
MByte long either!) -- sometimes LogLevel debug is good enough. Start
from an empty error_log, don't connect your ethernet cable to not get
"noise" from remote browse packages, for example...

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS