filter for displaying number of pages for each print job

Mohammad momoir at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:48:00 PDT 2007

I'm wondering if there exists any filter for CUPS that can obtain number of pages that are going to be printed for each print job.

I have used testipp to receive that number, but I found out that command returns such value from printer itself. So if somebody is going to print 100 pages, it takes a lot of time for testipp command to show the number of printed pages. What I need is a way to get the number of pages immediately after releasing jobs or even better if they are still held.

Thanks