[cups.general] DeviceURI

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Sep 14 00:36:48 PDT 2007

Hello,

On Sep 13 12:27 Darrel wrote (shortened):
> ... but everywhere I read about "deviceURI" it
> seems to be written BY people who are intimate with it
> and FOR people who are intimate with it

To a certain extent it is true on this mailing list.

Perhaps in
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell
the section "The Backends" might help you if you are looking
only for a concise introduction.

> THIS is what a DeviceURI is ..
> THIS is the syntax for using it and
> THESE are the supported options and what they mean and
> THIS is how you specify a negative option (-ocuc) etc.

For the exact details you may read the matching RFCs, see
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php
and for example
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

Kind Regards