Cups settings from samba

Alex Matthews qoole33 at msn.com
Sat Sep 15 08:23:44 PDT 2007

Hi there,

I have a new sparkling colour laserprinter at the school where I work, and they want to setup a 'print-release' system on their computer network, so that anyone can send a job to the printer but it immediately gets held and can only be released by a teacher.

I tried setting the "job-hold-until=infinite" with lpoptions for the printer, but samba seems to ignore this, or bypass it.

lpoptions exceprt:

Default <printer-name> job-hold-until=indefinite

In the smb.conf I have set "job-hold-until=infinite" in the cups options setting. Problem is, this of course, means all printers have this print-release system, not what I wanted at all.

Can anyone advise me as to where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,

Alex