is there a cups.schema for ldap?

Johannes Grumboeck johannes.grumboeck at porsche.co.at
Mon Sep 17 05:36:47 PDT 2007

Hi Binh Nguyen,

> I got around this by writing a ksh shell script which went off to an
> active directory (Microsoft Kerberos/LDAP server) using ldapsearch,
> pull down its printer tree, sort out its name and IP
> the I add it to my CUPS Server, works wonder.
>
> We (unix admin) dont keep track of printers and its configuration,
> everything is store in the Active Directory and all I do each night
> is; I run the script. It will then fetch the information off from the
> Active Directory and lpadmin it to my cups server. It also check for
> mismatch and compare the current cups configuration with the Active
> Directory to make sure everything match up, else it alarm and let me
> know.

This would be something I'm interested in. We have some clusters and
for each cluster there's one cupsd running (configured via heartbeat in case of failure).
But I would like to have an ldap-server (with printer configuration) and on each node a cupsd running adn fetching the config.

Would you mind sharing your script for a skeleton (for me and other users)?

Thanks in advance,
Johannes Grumboeck