[cups.general] Printers.conf Corruption

Jeff Hardy hardyjm at potsdam.edu
Mon Sep 17 07:20:39 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I am running cups-1.2.12-4.fc7 and am seeing random corruption of the
printers.conf database.  Seems to happen once every couple of days, and
has happened since the cups-1.2.10 install I began with on this box.
The queue name will change to include extended ASCII characters.  The
latest example is, <Printer STW208> changing to this (ASCII codes in
right column):

< 60
P 80
r 114
i 105
n 110
t 116
e 101
r 114
  32
� 152
i 105
� 242
� 128
 1
> 62

This happens most often with queue names, but has also changed some
DeviceURI's on me as well.  Anyone else see anything like this?

-Jeff

--
Jeff Hardy
Systems Analyst