IPP from windows

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Sep 17 19:50:32 PDT 2007

Rune Andresen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to build the client-part of CUPS on Windows, to allow
> command line printing to a Kerberized CUPSd on a linux system?
>
> I've found '#ifndef WIN32' in the folder systemv - is it then possible
> to build lp on a Windows system .. and how?

The CUPS library can be built using the provided VC++ project file,
however you will also need to supply your own copy of OpenSSL.  Right
now Kerberos is *not* enabled, and I really don't know whether it
could be supported with the standard Windows libraries.

To build any of the other programs, you will need to add projects for
each of them and link them against the CUPS library.  None of the
client programs have been built or tested on Windows in a very long
time.