Problem Konica Minolta IPI424 PS

Magnus Kronberg magnus at rissnekyrkan.org
Tue Sep 18 00:02:02 PDT 2007

I'm having a problem with my network printer. It's a Konica Minolta 7222 printer/copier. I have a ppd driver witch checks out fine doing the test at the printer driver testing page. I can install the printer and it sends the testpage. Problem is that the test page comes out as rubbish. It tries to print 12 pages, but there's only text on the first one. The text that comes out seems like an error message. It starts with the words PostScript 3.0. Where can I start to look for the problem?

Here's a printout of my Cups config:

# Show troubleshooting information in error_log.
LogLevel debug
SystemGroup lpadmin
# Allow remote access
Port 631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
# Enable printer sharing and shared printers.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow @LOCAL
BrowseAddress @LOCAL
DefaultAuthType Basic
<Location />
  # Allow shared printing...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow @LOCAL
</Location>
<Location /admin>
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
  AuthType Basic
  Require user @SYSTEM
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
</Location>
<Policy default>
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Set-Printer-Attributes Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After CUPS-Add-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs CUPS-Set-Default>
    AuthType Basic
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>