[cups.general] Print two documents (merge and duplex)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Sep 18 05:08:44 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007, max wrote:
>I want to print a PDF-Document for example with 10 pages on an duplex
> printer! On the backside I want to print an other PDF-Document with one
> page! For Example:
>
>Front - PDF 1 - page 1
>Back  - PDF 2 - page 1
>
>Front - PDF 1 - page 2
>Back  - PDF 2 - page 1
>
>Front - PDF 1 - page 3
>Back  - PDF 2 - page 1
>
>..
>
>Is it possible?

Sure Max, and doesn't need the duplex feature at all if you are willing to do
it in 2 runs.

Print the 10 pager to the first side of 10 sheets
turn the paper around and put it back in the input tray
then print 10 copies of the one pager.

Piece of cake if you have something like kprinter, a printing manager
available.

Which is how I'd do it anyway since I don't have a duplex capable printer.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)