Thermal Printer

Tyndyll sejh79 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:34:06 PDT 2007

Hi All,

Apologies for the question - its probably a simple one but I feel like I've been running around in circles and getting nowhere.

I am developing a web application that requires printing to a thermal printer intermittently. Users are generally windows clients connecting to the application on a BSD server on an internal network. Rather than have them download individual files I was hoping for them to click on the button and the file be automatically printed via CUPs.

I have the logic sorted, what I don't have is the CUPs sorted. The printer is connected to a Windows server and to the best of my knowledge does not use postscript. Is there a way of creating the PPD file to do this, or am I just out of luck?

Any information appreciated

Tyndyll